Antacid, calcium and magnesium (By mouth)
Treats indigestion, heartburn, and upset stomach.
Antacid Supreme, C & M Caps-375, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Complete, Good Sense Complete, Magnebind 300, Mi-Acid Double Strength, Mylanta Supreme, Pepcid Complete, Rite Aid Dual Action Complete, Rolaids Extra Strength, Rolaids Regular Strength, Rolaids Ultra Strength, TopCare Complete, Tums Dual ActionThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to medicines that contain calcium or magnesium.
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Shake the oral liquid just before using. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Ask your doctor before taking this antacid if you are using any other medicines. Antacids can make some drugs not work as well.
- In some cases, you should not use antacids within 1 to 2 hours before or after using other medicines.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease.
- You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, because they may harm your kidneys. Ask your caregiver what brands are best for you.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 14 days, stop using this medicine and call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe weakness or dizziness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 9/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.