Urea (On the skin)
Treats certain skin and nail conditions.
Aluvea, Aqua Care, Aquaphilic w/Carbamide, BP-50% Urea Emulsion, CEM-Urea, Carb-O-Philic/20, Dermasorb XM Complete Kit, Gordon's Urea, Gormel, Gormel Creme, Gormel Ten, Hydro 35, Hydro 40, Kerafoam, KeralacThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to urea.
How to Use This Medicine:
Solution, Suspension, Cream, Lotion, Ointment, Gel/Jelly, Paste, Liquid Mixture, Foam, Stick, Thin Sheet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer to the damaged nail or to the affected skin area, and rub it in gently as directed by your doctor.
- Ask your doctor if you need to cover the treated area after you apply the medicine.
If a dose is missed:
- Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Do not freeze this medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning, stinging, itching, or irritation.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.